Carolyn Menteith DipCABT, KCAI is a qualified and experienced dog trainer and behaviourist with over 20 years experience working professionally with animals both nationally and internationally.
As well as working with dogs and their owners to help them have a happy life together, Carolyn has written several books, many articles, and has appeared on a variety of TV and radio programmes as a dog expert.
Carolyn also works with a variety of rescue and welfare organisations, and has written and presents the Dogs Trust iPhone app ‘You and Your Puppy from Dogs Trust’, as well as presenting some of their dog training films online.
Please note : – Assured Breeders will be sent the booklets automatically as part of this pilot programme.
This is by no means an exhaustive list – nor does it mean that everything in every publication or article mentioned is in the Puppy Plan, or is fully agreed with!
- Genetics and the Social Behaviour of the Dog. Scott and Fuller (1965)
- Dogs – a new understanding of canine origin, behaviour and evolution. Ray and Lorna Coppinger (2001)
- Evolution of Canine Social Behaviour. Roger Abrantes (2005)
- Sensory, Emotional and Social Development of the Young Dog. Joel Dehasse (1994)
- The Domestic Dog. James Serpell (1995)
- Canine Neuropsychology. James O’Heare (2001)
- Early Neurological Stimulation. Dr Carmen Battaglia
- The Culture Clash, Jean Donaldson (2005)
- Handbook of Applied Dog Behaviour and Training. Steven Lindsay (2000)
- Perfect Puppy in 7 Days – Dr Sophia Yin (2010)
- Stress in Dogs, Martina Scholtz and Clarissa von Reinhardt (2007)
- The Psychology of Fear and Stress. Jeffrey Gray (1978)
- Producing Behaviourally Sound Dogs. Dr Ed Bailey
- The Forty-Ninth Day Revisited. Dr Ed Bailey
- The Prevalence of Owner-Reported Behaviours in Dogs Separated from the Litter at Two Different Ages. Pierantoni, Albertini, Pirrone (2011)
- Don’t Shoot the Dog. Karen Pryor (2002)
- Additional input from Robert Falconer-Taylor BVetMed, DipCABT, MRCVS
Everything you see in this website is the copyright of Dogs Trust and the Kennel Club, unless otherwise stated. No material may be reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission from the Dogs Trust or the Kennel Club. All Trademarks and logos are registered and the property of the Dogs Trust and the Kennel Club and use of them is strictly prohibited unless prior written license has first been given by the Dogs Trust and the Kennel Club. If a commercial or public use is required from any pages of this website, then application must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.. Reproduction is not authorised unless written or emailed permission has been given.